Monday, February 6, 2012

Piper's Poop Post

Ok, I usually don't post just random stories without photos but I have to document our afternoon yesterday so that we will have it as part of our family stories for years to come since this has become my journal of sorts - and to give each of you a good laugh (however, those with sensitive stomachs may not want to keep reading). Piper has always lovingly been referred to in our home as our "super pooper" or "stinky bum" or "captain poopy pants" because she has always had healthy bowels. Yesterday she FULLY lived up to her name. In a matter of a few hours we had 3 incidences with that crazy girl.
Poop Problem #1 - After getting home from church we hear Mia screaming and crying. I go to see what is going on (assuming it is just another Mia/Lily battle) only to find her whole side covered in poop. She was freaking out. She was able to finally tell me that she picked up Piper...and then it all made sense. Her diaper had leaked on Mia's jeans and shirt. The worst part - Mia's DS was in her front pocket and was now also covered in poop. Jason helped clean up Mia and I took care of Piper, who was all smiles. Once everyone calmed down and was clean, Jason took on cleaning the DS. What a selfless dad - he took a toothpick and made sure the cracks were clear of poop!
Poop Problem #2 - We got Piper down for a nap and she slept for over 3 hours, which is unusual. Well, Jason went in to check on her and found her standing in her crib pointing to her diaper. She had not been sleeping that whole time - she was quietly playing with her diaper. Yes, she had taken one side off and there was now poop in her bed and down her leg. Once again we took to cleaning up - I took care of the bed and sheets and Jason took Piper. Only this time his stomach weakened and he was soon dry heaving and had to hand Piper over to me. Again, Piper was all smiles!
Poop Problem #3 - After an enjoyable meal and time together watching the Super Bowl we had the kids getting ready for bed when we heard Lily come down the stairs and exclaim, "Oh, Piper, what is all over your face?" You got it - it wasn't chocolate like Lily first thought. It was more poop! This time she had completely gotten her diaper off and had rubbed the poop in her hands and on her face! That was the limit for Jason, who disappeared from sight. I just had to look at her and laugh. Then I went to work cleaning her up and putting her into the tub for an extra long soak. Once again, Piper was all smiles! I did question my loving husband as to why she was only feet away from him while he was watching the end of the game, and he never saw or heard her taking off the diaper, rubbing the poop everywhere and even getting it on the carpet (not to mention the smell). It just reminded me of the deep trance Jason goes into when watching sports - oblivious to everything going on around him.

Needless to say, we have added lots more names to her list - top of the list being Miss Poopy Face. :) I so wish I had taken a picture to treasure with these incredible memories, but my need to clean instinct kicked in too quick. It was a memorable afternoon in our household. Piper has truly brought so much love and laughter (and poop) into our home. We love her, poop and all.